I’m an adult

Something happened to me when I was younger.

It can be very hard to speak about what happened, but it’s never too late to reach out for support.

There are people who will listen, take you seriously and help you find the support you need.


It still matters

You can learn more about the support on offer on the It still matters government website.


Victim Support

Victim Support operates a free and confidential 24/7 helpline every day of the year on 0808 16 89 111 and a live chat service on their website.

0808 16 89 111 | www.victimsupport.org.uk

National Male Survivor Helpline

This is a confidential helpline for male victims of sexual violence and abuse. They also provide emotional support via telephone 0808 800 5005 or text 07860 06518

0808 800 5005 | support@safeline.org.uk | https://www.safeline.org.uk

National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)

The National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC) offers support for adult survivors of all types of childhood abuse – call (0808 801 0331) as or visit napac.org.uk

0808 801 0331 | napac.org.uk

Get help from the NHS

The NHS run sexual assault referral centres (SARCs) which can offer you support. They are available to all, regardless of gender and age, or when it happened. Find your nearest sexual assault referral centre and NHS advice on help after rape and sexual assault.


Internet Watch Foundation

You can report images and videos of child sexual abuse which you’ve discovered online to the Internet Watch Foundation (IWF). You can report anonymously and safely.  The IWF will work globally to get any illegal images removed from the internet. 


Rape Crisis England & Wales

Free, confidential and specialist support and advocacy services for people whose lives have been impacted by sexual violence and abuse of any kind at any time.

National telephone helpline (for women & girls aged 13+): 0808 802 9999 (every day from 12pm to 2:30pm and 7pm to 9:30pm)

Live chat emotional support (for women & girls 16+): https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/live-chat-helpline/about-the-live-chat-helpline/

0808 802 9999 | https://rapecrisis.org.uk/get-help/


When and if you are ready, you can report what happened to the police. You can also make a report online.