Further support

No matter what’s happened, there’s always someone who will listen to you and take what you say seriously.

If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.


If you are worried about a child – even if you’re unsure – you can speak to a trained professional at the NSPCC by calling the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000, or by visiting their website (https://www.nspcc.org.uk/). You can call Monday to Friday 8am – 10pm or 9am – 6pm at the weekends, or email them at any time. It’s free and you don’t have to say who you are.

0808 800 5000 | help@nspcc.org.uk | www.nspcc.org.uk

Local social care team

If you’re concerned about a child or young person, find out how to contact their local children’s social care team.


Parents Protect

If you want to find out more information about child sexual abuse, visit Parents Protect, a useful resource which can help you understand ways to protect your child and spot if something’s not right. For further information on how to keep children safe from sexual assault and abuse or if you’re concerned that your child has sexually assaulted or abused someone, or is exhibiting harmful sexual behaviour, you can confidentially call the Stop It Now! helpline 0808 1000 900

0808 1000 900 | https://www.parentsprotect.co.uk/


It’s important to look after your own wellbeing and mental health. Mosac offer confidential support for parents and carers of children who have been abused.

0800 980 1958 | https://mosac.org.uk/our-services/mosac-helpline/

Get help from the NHS

Sexual assault referral centres (SARCs) can offer medical, practical and emotional support to children and adults, and are available to all, regardless of gender, age or the type of incident or when it happened. Find your nearest sexual assault referral centre and NHS advice on help after rape and sexual assault.


Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme

If you’re concerned about a child, you can use the Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme to ask the police if someone that has contact with the child has a record of child sex offences.


What you can do next